Tuesday, December 14, 2010

rambling....

So here I am.  With a blog. With nothing really good to say.  Does anybody else ever feel obligated to fill a blog page with something when they have nothing really good to write?  I dunno...maybe I'm not cut out to be a blogger after all!  (and by the way, 15 years ago, bloggers didn't exist, because I was in high school then and if you know my kids then you also know that that was, like, a MILLION years ago in, like, the stone age-and mom, did they even HAVE playgrounds back then? uh huh, yeah, real question)  I think I need bullets or idea lists or something.  Like my son's creative writing assignments, only he's a lot more funny than me. 
So I found out a couple of weeks ago that the new "cool" is "sick" , as in "that's really sick".  The sad thing is, this took me a little bit to figure out that they weren't talking about GETTING sick, they were talking about something BEING sick, in a good way......well, you get it.  I felt old.  And being as those moments are coming more and more often, it must mean something!  Does something magically happen when you turn 30 and have children over the age of 5?  Suddenly, high school kids are really "kids" and not almost contemporaries, irresponsibility annoys instead of excites, and bedtime is wonderful instead of awful.  When it comes to going out or staying in with no kids, well, need I say more?  And that has NOTHING to do with any younger behavior!  It has EVERYTHING to do with fuzzy jammies and movies and a couch!  And then you start getting the questions..........everyone that has kids know about the questions.  So, here's what I would love to see.  Everyone who reads this blog please post a question your kids asked you that made you realize you weren't a kid anymore-here's mine:
Keith: mom, how do you type so fast?
Me: well, I took a keyboarding class in high school, where we learned to type on typewriters
Keith: what's a typewriter?
Me: it's a keyboard attached to letters that type on a piece of paper
Keith: how do you play games on it?
Me: you didn't
Keith (looks horrified)
OK, now YOUR turn!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that they have said anything about something that doesn't really belong anymore, but they use words that I never would have known. My 4 year old talks about downloading things, or will ask for a different "app." He is very comfortable with the computer and electronics. Makes you wonder what will be around in 20 more years.

    ReplyDelete