Monday, December 6, 2010

Into the unknown

This should be interesting.  I am not a computer savvy person-case in point: I was at a restaurant with the girl yesterday and saw an older lady texting away on her phone while waiting for her food.  I happened to mention that I have never texted before and she looked at me with incredulity, "how do you live without it?" she exclaimed.  I really have no idea.  Apparently I'm missing something big.  So, I decided to stick one more foot out into cyberspace and start a blog.  I don't know if it will be good or not, but it's something new and, hopefully, fun. 
The title is something I'm trying to focus on right now-it's from a Lincoln Brewster song. "Today is the day You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"  I am currently at home with the boy on the floor yelling at the girl, who is soaking the sleeves of her pajamas and asking me if she can take a bath with her clothes on.  Uh, no.  But you can take a bath with your clothes off!  And you can watercolor in the kitchen instead of the livingroom floor, and you can cut snowflakes out of daddy's coffee filters only if you take a few and leave some for him.  And you can stay just the way you are because I love you -just.for.you.  And I'm sorry in advance for when I forget and get upset.  Because not every mom out there is as blessed as me, and not every woman out there gets to be a mom. So I will try and remember to enjoy you in all the little silly quirks and dervishes and delerium you stir up-because you're here, and you're mine, at least for now. 
Signing out for now, with more to come later.......

2 comments:

  1. loved your post. :) I'll follow you TOO!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! It's fun to read others thoughts as well, I'm liking this blogging thing ;)

    ReplyDelete